Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Dear’s Birthday

I was a bit busy last month due to preparation for my C1 German exam. It is summer here and the temperature fluctuates around 25°C – 33°C, so hot! Luckily we have a fan at home, if not I will become a ‘roasted pig’. :)

One day before my dear’s birthday, I baked 2 Cheesecake – Oreo Cheesecake and Strawberry Cheesecake for him to treat his colleagues on his birthday. After an hour, both of the cakes were finished and all of his colleagues praised me. Haha… This is a culture in here – the birthday boy must bring a cake or chocolate to delight colleagues.


In the morning on my dear’s birthday, I cooked Mee Suah Soup with 2 eggs and a big chicken drumsticks for his lunch. This is my dear’s family traditional birthday culture. After my dear went to work, I started to bake a birthday cake – Black Forest Cake for my dear as a surprising present. Then, I prepared a mini steamboat for our dinner because my dear requested a few day before his birthday. I prepared some prawns, crabs, cuttlefish, chicken, home made pork wantan, home made dumpling, home made chicken ball, stuffed eggplants, stuffed sweet paprika, stuffed mushroom, vegetables etc. The steamboat was only prepared 2 hours before my dear arrived home. We enjoyed our dinner very much and my dear was so happy when he saw his birthday cake and present. What a surprised for my dear! This is my 1st time to bake Black Forest Cake. Actually I wanted to held a Birthday party for him and invite all his colleagues and friends, but he rejected as he wanted me to put more effort on my German exam and Corporate Finance exam. He is the best for me. Haha…. Love you so much, my dear!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...