Friday, August 22, 2008

Crazy cooking

A round up of what I experimented these few days. Not much time updating my blog since I am busy preparing my exams, very scary. My way to reduce stress is cooking, sport and cooking again.

Baked some muffins middle in the night yesterday. My dear thought that I was crazy or too hungry. However, the muffins turned out to be the best I have ever made. Used a recipe found online and did some modifications. I called this Baileys Mixed Fruit Muffins. Share this recipe with you:
  • 160 gm flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 75 gm sugar
  • ¼ cup dried mixed fruits
  • 75 gm melted butter
  • 125 ml milk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbsp Baileys.
Beat the egg, milk, Baileys and melted butter until fluffy. Fold in the flour, baking powder and sugar and mix well. At the end pour in the mixed fruits. Fill into baking forms and baked at 200C for 15-20 minutes.


Bought a packet of spare rips last weekend and didn't know what to do with them. Actually there is not much meat on these spare rips and the best way of preparing them is barbecued them. I marinated the spare rip with whatever I found in the kitchen and just experimenting around. Marinated with Peri-Peri chili powder, paprika powder bought from last Budapest trip, pepper, salt, sugar, sesame oil and olive oil and baked them in the oven. Very very yummy, the marinate was baked on the outside and made the spare rips very crispy. My dear said I must bake this again next time to go with beer. Aiyah...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...